The Original Ferno K.E.D. is ideal for extracting and immobilising patients from auto accidents and other confined spaces. The wrap-around design provides horizontal flexibility for easy application and vertical rigidity for maximum support of the spine, neck, and head during extraction. The K.E.D.® immobilises the torso, head and neck, enabling prompt extraction while minimising risks of further injury. X-rays or advanced life support procedures can be performed with the K.E.D.® in place.
The K.E.D.® includes wrap-around vest, Adjusta-Pad neck roll, two head straps and a carrying case. Heavy-duty, vinyl-coated nylon is durable and easy to clean and the K.E.D. stores rolled up, ready for immediate use.
- Wraparound design provides horizontal flexibility for easy application and vertical rigidity for maximum support of the spine, neck, and head during extrication.
- Built-in handles enable rescuers to get a firm grip on the patient and K.E.D.® as one unit.
- Adapts to a hip and pelvic splint by simple inversion
- Adjustable, fold-back sides permit easy access to patient’s chest.
- Can be used for multiple patient sizes, including children and pregnant women
- Color-coded, sewn-in securing straps and snaplock buckles for quick, easy application
- Effective in immobilisation of pediatric patients
- Ideal for immobilising and extracting patients from auto accidents or confined spaces
- Does not interfere with the application of anti-shock trousers
Supplied with Carry bag