Sterile Eye Wash 500ML. Can also be used for wound irrigation
Why use eyewash?
“If mains tap water is not readily available for eye irritation, at least a litre of sterile water or saline (0.9% w/v) in sealed, disposable containers should be provided. Once the seal has been broken, the containers should not be kept for reuse. The container should not be used after the expiry date.”
Sterile water is so much safer than tap water, but why?
- Possible bacterial infection from contaminated water
- Potential eye irritation by chlorine and chemicals
- Natural objection to cold water reaction
- Physical problems associated with placing the eye under a tap or into a sink
Saline solution PH Eur 0.9% w/v
The saline solution is specifically balanced to ensure no irritation when absorbed into the body.
Ideal for all sports cuts and injuries
- A topical, sterile eyewash solution, containing Sodium Chloride BP 0.9% w/v in purified water BP
- No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added
- The product is sterile and pyrogen free
- Sterile eyewash solution may be used for the irrigation and cleansing of the eyes and for removing chemical splashes from the body