Children vary a great deal in size and the opportunities for a medic to get in depth experience across the whole range is limited. The Broselow / Hinkle system helps to bridge the gap. First the child’s length is measured and one of seven areas is assigned. Next a co-ordinated Colour Pack is pulled from the Broselow/ Hinkle system to begin a procedure with the right sized equipment. The system offers eight colour coded sections for children weighing from 3-34 kgs.
- The latest Broselow tapes have been much expanded to include more information
- Helps to determine drug dosages for seizure ICP, Overdose, Resuscitation & Defibrillation
- Incorporates Glasgow Coma Scale & Paediatric Trauma Scoring
- Lists infusions, fluids and paralysing agents
- Colour zones list recommended equipment and suggested sizes
- Rapidly estimates weight based upon height