Able Spacer Volumiser Chamber:
This spacer is desinged for the administration of inhaled medications by healthcare professionals or by parents at home.
This Volumiser Chamber meets the requirements for Emergency Medical Technicians new Clinical Practive Guidelines in Ireland (CPG’s 3) as published by PHECC.
The Able Spacer is a small volume spacer for use with metered dose inhalers (MDI) that improves inhaler technique. The unique design of the Able Spacer assists in improving inhaler technique, by providing a space between the inhaler and mouth. This space reduces the speed that the medication particles enter the mouth, which means that a larger proportion of the medication particles can be inhaled.
Product Features and Benefits
- Saves space as the inhaler can be discreetely stored inside the Spacer when not in use
- Improves inspiratory rate as the in-built coaching signal informs patients of incorrect usage
- Easy to dismantle for simple cleaning
- Available with Small (Infant), Medium (Child) & Large (Adult) masks if the patient prefers
- Also suitable for tidal breathing
- Suitable for both adults and children