A sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) can happen to anyone of any age, including children and young people. Each year over 600 young people under 35 die from a SCA – and 270 of these will be children in schools. Many
of these deaths could be avoided with fast, correct treatment, so it is vital that teachers know the facts.
A SCA occurs when an electrical malfunction in the heart causes it to beat in an irregular rhythm. Blood cannot be pumped round the body, starving the brain and other organs of oxygen.
The only treatment for a SCA is CPR and the use of a defibrillator, which can restore the heart’s natural rhythm. If this is administered in the first 3-5 minutes after the SCA, the victim has a 74% chance of survival – but with every minute that passes their chance of survival decreases by 10%.
With a average ambulance response time of 11 minutes, it is vital that schools have defibrillators on site, and know what to do if a student suffers a SCA. Immediate treatment with CPR and a defibrillator could save a child’s life.
Our aim is to provide schools with affordable Defibrillators & training services. Specialist sessions for schools or FETAC /QQI accredited courses available nationwide. With over 10 years experience. Accredited with the Irish Heart Foundation, Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council & Occupational First Aid Assessment Agency
All the Defibrillators that we supply feature a Adult to Paediatric Switch. What does this mean to you ?
- Increased rescue time – No need to change the pre attached pads to paediatric pads its as simple as flicking a switch from Adult to Child Mode.
- Reduced Maintenance costs – Same set of Electrode pads are used for both Adults and Children – Paediatric Pads typically are twice the price of Adult pads. With Our machines you do not need to have a set of paediatric pads its 1 set of pads fits all.
Key advantages of the HeartOn AED for Schools:
- Exceptionally simple and easy to use
- Durable and portable for use at multiple locations
- Battery Status indicator displayed in Bars on the screen
- Long-life battery
- Loud, clear voice prompts for use in a noisy setting
- Adult to Child Switch Automatically adjusting the power for smaller patients
- Field-proven design
Installing an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) in your school could save a life. Take a look at our range of defibrillators, or call our EireMed.ie team on 1890 567 999 to discuss which model is right for you.