Course Duration: Four hours with brief interval.
Airway management for the medical and trauma patient:
- Head Tilt Chin Lift
- Trauma Jaw Thrust
- Orapharyngeal Airways
- Nasopharyngeal Airways
- Suction units and guidelines
- Pocket masks
- Bag Valve Masks (BVM’s)
- Oxygen cylinders
- Flow meters
- Safety precautions
- Preparation of oxygen cylinders for delivery of oxygen
- Oxygen therapy masks and nasal canella’s
- Guidelines for oxygen delivery
- Skill stations and scenarios
Safety-Tec will issue a certificate of competence to successful candidates
Max number of candidates 10 per instructor
Who should attend?
Candidates must possess excellent CPR skills before attending.
Occupational First Aiders, Occupational Health Nurses, GP’s, Lifeguards, AED operators, Fire-Fighters, ERT members, etc.