Under the Health & Safety Authorities General applications regulations 2007 all employers must provide Manual Handling training for all of their employees
Duration: 3.5 hours
- Introduction and legislation
- Statistics, incidence of back injury, and high risk activities
- Musclo-Skeletal System & Mechanism of injury
- Methods of prevention of back injury, risk assessment, housekeeping, P.P.E, Ergonomics, minimal handling policies, etc.
- DVD presentation, “Safe manual handling, the new approach”
- 11 principles of safe manual handling
- One person lift-various objects
- Two or more person lifts-various objects
- Open forum, questionnaire/trainee assessment. Summary and close
Max Candidates: 12 per course
Instructor: The instructor will be a fully qualified, experienced, Manual Handling Instructor.
Certification: Upon course completion the employer will be issued with a certificate from Safety-Tec confirming that the employees who attended the training course are now proficient in the safe manual handling of loads in the work place.